Pringle Chivers Sparks Teskey
A Top Criminal Defence Firm
Being accused of a crime is one of the most difficult experiences in a person’s life. Getting help from an experienced professional can be the difference between a successful outcome and life-changing consequences.
We are experienced criminal lawyers. Our defense lawyers are committed to defending people who are charged with criminal offences or are facing other serious allegations. We are an Edmonton-based law firm that practices throughout Alberta, western Canada, and the Northwest Territories. Our attorneys have spent years helping people at all stages of the criminal process, including:
- Advice for people under police investigation,
- Advice when a person is arrested,
- Bail hearings,
- Sentencing, and,
We offer straightforward, down-to-earth, no-nonsense advice. We know that being accused of a crime can be confusing, stressful, and unexpected. We pride ourselves on our practical, client-centered approach to help you find a solution to your legal problems.
We're here to help. We are happy to provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation where we can explain your options and help you understand the criminal charges you are facing. If you would like to speak to one of our lawyers, please call us (780) 424-8866.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in all areas of criminal defence law, defending people charged with all kinds of offences, such as:
- Violent offences, including murder, manslaughter, assault, assault with a weapon, assault causing bodily harm, and aggravated assault.
- Drug offences, such as possession of a controlled substance, possession for the purpose of trafficking, and drug trafficking.
- Sexual offences, including sexual assault, prostitution offences, and other allegations of sexual misconduct.
- Driving and impaired driving offences, including driving under the influence (DUI), impaired driving causing bodily harm or death, refusing a breath demand, driving “over 80” (over the legal blood alcohol limit), dangerous driving, traffic offences, and appeals of roadside licence suspensions.
- Domestic offences, such as allegations of domestic assault, criminal harassment, and uttering threats.
- Fraud, theft, and commercial crime, including everything from shoplifting, to theft from an employer, to income tax offences, to complicated white-collar fraud charges.
- Weapons and firearms offences, including possession of prohibited or restricted weapons, and careless storage or unlawful possession of firearms.
- Internet, Computer, and Technology crimes, including everything from internet luring, cyber-stalking, extortion (blackmail), to complicated identity theft caharges, fraud and forgery, or copyright crimes and other intellectual property crimes.
- Regulatory offences, such as defending both individuals and companies charged with:
- Occupational health and safety offences,
- Environmental offences,
- Public health offences under the Public Health Act, and
- Fish, wildlife, and hunting offences under the Wildlife Act.
Our criminal attorneys also have experience in other related areas of the law, including:
- Criminal appeals, including appeals of both conviction and sentence, applications for release pending appeal, and appeals to the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Extradition proceedings, including extradition hearings and applications for release.
- Civil forfeiture and proceeds of crime, including applications for the return of property seized by the police.
- Administrative tribunals and professional discipline hearings, including defending individuals before professional disciplinary bodies and conducting hearings at government boards such as the Transportation Safety Board and the Law Enforcement Review Board.
Sound legal representation is the only way to achieve successful results when facing serious criminal charges. Pringle, Chivers, Sparks, Teskey offers experienced criminal lawyers who can provide you with expert advice and counsel so that your rights are protected.